Sunday, June 11, 2006

The Party


Kegs! Holy crap! If Sean Baker were at this party, I guarantee he would have yelled "College!" at the top of his lungs... repeatedly. Total college party at Jesse's pad in Forest Park. His roommate doubles as his landlord, and everyone in attendance probably goes to UIC in the city. College.


Scott was less than impressed with the flatness of the beer in the first keg. So was I. They had a whole keg of untapped pale ale just ready, waiting to flow, and they tapped the flat, crap keg of light beer first. Sheesh.


It drove this guy nuts. He kept pretending to be a rooster, or something. I don't quite remember. All I know is that he is some kind of chef at some restaurant somewhere, and he made a mean barbeque with bratwurst and tacos. Odd combination, I know, but it was fantastic. Especially the tacos.


John B. even showed up. He's listening to the new tunes from the recording session the other day, and I believe he was impressed. Why shouldn't he be, right? Those songs are dynamite. If anyone would like to host them on a webpage for me, that would be awesome. I'd love to put a link up here to show them off. Please?


The real reason I showed up at this party was poker. I played horribly, to be totally honest. I was getting crap cards, and I kept getting raised on crap hands. I think I played a total of four hands in about fourty-five minutes, and I never won a single hand. I was A/7 against A/6 in the hand I decided to go all-in on, and Rooster Boy from above ended up hitting his six on the turn to put me out. I was just barely able to contain my rage, though, so I guess everything worked out. Nothing like losing $10 to a bunch of strangers and not being able to enjoy yourself one bit in the process. Damn you, poker.

Off to bed. Still reading about the English language. Tomorrow equals work for my school district.

2 Comments:

At 10:05 AM, Blogger Baker Baker 1-9 said...

Dangz dudez sweet college party. I miss those.

 
At 10:08 AM, Blogger Baker Baker 1-9 said...

Dangz dudez sweet college party. I miss those.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home