Wednesday, May 30, 2007

The Summer of Dads?

In last year's Summer of George season finale, I forgot to give you the cliffhanger... my wife was pregnant! Now, ten months later, the show is happy to welcome - amongst other new friends - our little buddy, Campbell. There we are at the moment of my triumphant return home from my last day of school. There's nothing better than having a happy little family greet me as I walk through the door.


Also, there's nothing better than starting the summer off with a Cubs game. Ironically enough, summer started off the same way last year, minus the kids, of course. I tried very hard to push some runs across with my lucky Cubs headband, but alas, they ended up losing 9-4.


If it wasn't for the beer at the ballpark, I don't know why anyone would go. True to form, the Cubbies loaded the bases with only one away in the ninth and the tying run on deck, only to have Cliff Floyd and Derek Lee strike out in craptacular fashion.


I tried to give the little girl in front of me a high five, but, upon turning around to look at what I was doing, she thought I was making some sort of gesture that she should repeat. So, she quickly turned around and gave the Nazi salute to the visiting team as they came up to bat. "No, no," I quickly muttered. "High five!"

That was close.

1 Comments:

At 10:27 PM, Blogger Lindsey said...

yeah!! the summer of george is back. marc- i am SO glad that i got to see you, annie, and campbell while i was home!!! i love the pic of you two!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home