Wednesday, July 19, 2006

The Hungry Brain


On Monday night I was playing around with my camera again. I was trying to capture the view from our living room window. This was taken at about 11pm, just before the storm rolled in.


With the help of some friends I was able to begin moving stuff into the new house yesterday. I am amazed at how many books Annie and I own. It seems as though, every time I turn around to start packing a new box I run into a fresh pile of books that have been hidden away. For example, there's a stack that I can clearly see now, ranging from Twain's Huck Finn to Bronte's Wuthering Heights to Rhodes' Dark Sun: The Making of the Hydrogen Bomb to a collection of essays by David Foster Wallace. And that's after we moved a few hundred books yesterday. I somehow managed to get all of my musical equipment there, too. Now I can begin setting up the recording studio.


I think it goes without saying that I was excited to play some Dollar Day Poker (henceforth known as DDP) in my basement. I should print out a copy of this picture and frame it - my first poker game at my new home. I did fairly well in this game. I never had to rebuy, and I walked away up three bucks. John and Scott did not fair so well, and went bust on the last hand to Jesse.


The day's big winner had to be talked into rebuying with about seven hands left to go. In the end, we split the winnings ($5 to Jesse and $4 to me). Definitely awesome to play in my house at my table with my friends. Loved it.

ZK, Scott, Annie, and I went out to Dunlay's on the Square for dinner, and had a few laughs over some very large Fat Tire Ale's (though I was experiencing an IPA brew) before ZK, Scott and myself made our way to the Hungry Brain, where we met up with Jeff, Matt Fast, and Joe Hall. It was a fun night, and we obviously spent quite a bit of time mugging for the camera. I think Scott said it best yesterday when he claimed that "hanging out with Marc is like hanging out in a movie. I know he's documenting everything, so it makes me want to do cool things so I can look at them later and say, 'I did that!'". Indeed. I'll let the photographs speak for themselves.

The Artwork of Matt Fast:






The Whiskey Shakes


A Ghostly Presence


The Tale of Two Sittings


Gathered Around Galaga


Lighter


El Jefe

Must... finish... packing. Too overwhelming.

1 Comments:

At 6:50 PM, Blogger scoots said...

probably some of the coolest pictures ever.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home