Tuesday, July 25, 2006

The House


Jenn: As requested, I will make it my mission over the course of the next eleven days to post one picture per day, and eventually showcase all of the rooms in the
house. The living room seems like a good place to start. Apparently Annie decided to take a picture of me the morning after we moved in as I was rummaging through the book/DVD section of the room. Luna Carpet is coming next Monday to install new carpets in the pad, so we can't quite finish this section of the room, which is killing me because it's all dead space with unfilled bookshelves and boxes upon boxes of books.


The living room is huge and cozy, and we bought a new coffee table (as evidenced above) and a new entertainment stand (as seen here). It's wonderful to sit on our couch and just zone out after a long day of organizing or painting or car-buying or whatever. I call this photograph "The TV is my God."


I broke my anti-lawnmowing pledge. I tried to figure it out the other day, and I am pretty sure that I have not mowed a lawn since 1996. I think my brother took over the lawn-mowing full-time by that point, or at least my sisters were doing it. I'm not sure. But, I digress. I mowed our lawn on Sunday morning. It was actually kind of fun. Mowing lawns is one of those chores that I hate to have to start doing, but while I'm doing it, I'm totally okay with it. In fact, I even kind of like it. It's like a puzzle almost.

Owning a home, in general, is pretty sweet. We are amazed at how quiet it is out here. The first night we slept here we couldn't hear any noises from the neighborhood or from the main road (St. Charles) which is about six or seven lots away. The only thing I can hear at night is the faint sound of train brakes in the distance. I love it.


Here's a funny story: Jesse came over yesterday afternoon and picked me up to go to a Sox/Twins game with he and his parents. They had an extra ticket and were gracious enough to offer it to me. Plus, I hadn't seen his parents since our wedding last summer, and thought it would be nice to catch up with them as they are two of my favorite people. So, we spend some time in traffic from my place to his in Forest Park, then walk to the CTA Blue Line, which we use to catch up with the CTA Red Line, and make our way to the ballpark. We walk almost all the way up that pedestrian ramp, as the seats were upper-deck, find his parents, get a couple of beers and a couple of brats. We eat the brats, begin the beers and get settled. My phone rings. Annie, who was just getting home from her first new commute to the house is locked out because the Home Depot keys we bought don't work. So, mid-way through the first inning I stand up, say thank you very much to Jesse and his parents, and make my way out of the ballpark, back to the Red Line, back to the Blue Line, and end up meeting Annie at the Damen Blue Line stop where she picks me up and we head home. What a bummer.

So, until tomorrow, I bid you adieu.

3 Comments:

At 11:37 PM, Blogger Mr. Zo said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 11:38 PM, Blogger Mr. Zo said...

Marc-

Were you mowing your lawn in a skirt?

 
At 9:17 PM, Blogger Lindsey said...

It does look like a skirt. And, good thing Annie called. What the hell were you doing at a Sox game. Boo Marc boo!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home